In this lesson:
-Discuss about board games and monopoly
-You are going to read about ‘Monopoly’
-Complete a vocabulary activity.
-Do the quiz 🙂
Download the article here:
-Do you like playing board games?
-What board games do you usually
-Have you ever played monopoly
before? If so, did you win or lose?
Activity 1: Pre-task
Read the sentences and match the numbers 1-9 with a-i.
1. The price of property has risen enormously
2. They went bankruptin 2009, and I had no money to buy my rent.
3. As a child he was dominated by his father.
4. Competitive games can relax the mind if approached the right way.
5. The demanded equal rights and justice.
6. Who invented the mobile phones?
7. There are two versions of the game, a long one and a short one.
8.She was absent for nine consecutive days.
9. My favourite board game is Monopoly
||a.to control or have a lot of influence over somebody/something, especially in an unpleasant way
||b.the fair treatment of people
||c. to produce or design something that has not existed before
||d.following one after another in a series, without interruption
||e.used to describe a situation in which people or organizations compete against each other
||f. land and buildings
||g. any game played on a board, often using dice and small pieces that are moved around
||h.without enough money to pay what you owe
|9. Board game
||I. a form of something that is slightly different from an earlier form or from other forms of the same thing
Read again and do the quiz. Good luck 🙂