Informal Letter / Email Check lists
As I have mentioned in my previous post on writing essays (FCE), check lists work really well with students as they helped them to stay focus and complete the task correctly. So, I have decided to make some more check lists. Hope you find them useful.
- Ask students to have the check lists right in front of them when writing the tasks and to make sure that they go through the check lists.
- Collect essays and mark them.
- When giving the essays back encourage students to add missing points from the check lists.
- Before correcting the essay get students to swap letters.
- Hand-out a new check lists handout and get students to read and tick the points used in the task.
- Students get their writings back and add any missing point.
- Teacher collects writing and marks them.
- Divide your letter into short paragraphs.
- Write about a different idea in each paragraph.
- 1st paragraph: Greet your friend in the introduction.
- 2nd paragraph: Refer to your reason for writing.
- 3rd paragraph: Focus on the exam questions (for example: describe the event and say what people did).
- 4thparagraph: Say why this event was important for your country.
- 5thparagraph: Ask your friend to write back.
- 5thparagraph: Finish your letter in an informal way.
Check list (Useful Phrases):